Last Fall, B was just a tiny nugget when we came to my husband's family farm. At the time, it was a welcome getaway from the newborn fog of feedings and late nights. This year, we've got a one year-old who's interested in exploring e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g in sight, which has been an adventure in itself.
A few of B's favorite things this year at the farm:
- Showing how she could climb the stairs, and then turn around and go down them (Usually prompted by "Turn around, 1, 2!" and a spotter just in case!).
- Playing "chase," and giggling wildly when anyone says "I'm gonna get youuu!"
- Pointing to her 3 month old cousin and saying "Nuh Nuh Nuh Nuh." We've nicknamed her cousin "Nut Nut" - slang for Peanut, since she's obviously a sweet little Peanut :)
- Riding (taking it very seriously, with no emotion visible) safely and slowly on various farm vehicles with Grandpa and Daddy.
- Cuddling and eating breakfast with Mommy, Daddy, Aunt Syd, and Cousin Sky while watching Moana for a solid 15 min.
- Attempting to eat rocks off the ground outside, including one grasshopper which escaped just in the nick of time.
Watching B get to enjoy a family farm is the cherry on top of my Kansan girl heart's sundae. We love being together with family, enjoying all the quiet prairie beauty outside our city limits.